The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (AWCC) is located in Portage Valley and is surrounded by the breathtaking Chugach Mountain Range and Turnagain Arm Inlet. Come enjoy over 200 acres of animal enclosures by touring our scenic 1.5-mile loop, accessible by foot or by car, while learning about our resident wildlife. We look forward to seeing you at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and hope you enjoy your visit!
*Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently open daily with shortened hours from 10AM-5PM. Guests will have one hour to enjoy the center if arriving at 5PM.*
Operating Hours, Open Rain or Shine:
- January: 10 am to 3 pm (4-day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- February: 10 am to 4 pm
- March & April: 10 am to 5 pm
- May 1 – October 31: 10 am to 5 pm
- November: 10 am to 4 pm (4-day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- December: 10 am to 3 pm (4-day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- For Holiday Break we will be open 7 days a week from December 20 to December 31; we will be closed December 24, December 25 and January 1.
- CLOSED: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- OPEN: All other holidays.
Note: Hours are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Admission tickets to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center do not sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or upon arrival the day of.
Extra Learning Opportunities:
Exclusive Walk on the Wild Side Tour (year round) – 1.5 Hours (10 person Maximum)
$100.00 per person (must be 10 or older).
To reserve winter tours, please call 907-783-0058 or email.
Commercial photography and filming is prohibited at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
All film, video and still photography produced on the grounds of the AWCC for commercial purposes requires a written agreement with AWCC and a fee paid based on service desired. All film, video and photography taken within AWCC and used for commercial purposes without authorization is subject to legal action. AWCC prohibits the flight and usage of drones above the Center’s property. If you are interested in commercial filming or photography, please reach out to the Sales and Marketing Manager for more information at email@example.com.
- DO NOT TOUCH OR FEED THE ANIMALS!
- Make sure all children are kept away from fences.
- Never attempt to pet or hand-feed any animals.
- Leave all plants and flowers for the enjoyment of others. Help keep the grounds beautiful.
- Litter is a deadly hazard to animals. Put garbage in its proper place.
- Keep pets in your vehicle at all times.
- Respect the animals. Do not taunt or harass them.