- January: 11 am to 4 pm
- February: 11 am to 5 pm
- March & April: 10 am to 5 pm
- May through September: 8 am to 7 pm
- October: 10 am to 5 pm
- November & December: 11 am to 4 pm
- CLOSED: Thanksgiving, November 24th, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- OPEN: All other holidays unless otherwise noted here.
- If guests arrive at advertised closing time, they will be allowed one hour to get through the center.
Note: Hours and feeding times are subject to change without notice due to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
Follow AK Route 1 (The Seward Highway) South for about 47 miles from Anchorage, past Girdwood, and just before the Portage Glacier road turnoff, we will be on your right at Mile 79 of the Seward Highway!
DO NOT TOUCH OR FEED THE ANIMALS!
- Make sure all children are kept away from fences.
- Never attempt to pet or hand-feed any animals.
- Leave all plants and flowers for the enjoyment of others. Help keep the grounds beautiful.
- Litter is a deadly hazard to animals. Put garbage in its proper place.
- Keep pets in vehicle at all times.
- Respect the animals. Refrain from taunting or harassing them.