We look forward to seeing you at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and hope you enjoy your visit! The Wildlife Center is the perfect place to tour the vast acreage on foot or in a car. Enjoy the scenic 1.5 mile loop around the variety of animal enclosures as you read informational signs about our resident animals and how they came into our care. Parking is available near the Gift Store.
Operating Hours, Open Rain or Shine:
- January: 10 am to 3 pm (4 day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- February: 10 am to 4 pm (4 day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- March & April: 10 am to 5 pm
- May thru August: 8:30 am to 7 pm
- September: 9 am to 6 pm
- October: 10 am to 5 pm
- November: 10 am to 4 pm (4 day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- December: 10 am to 3 pm (4 day operations: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- For Holiday Break we will be open 7 days a week from December 22 to January 8; but will be closed December 24, December 25 and January 1.
- CLOSED: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- OPEN: All other holidays.
Note: Hours are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Follow AK Route 1 (The Seward Highway) South for about 47 miles from Anchorage, past Girdwood, and just before the Portage Glacier road turnoff, we will be on your right at Mile 79 of the Seward Highway!
Extra Learning Opportunities:
Exclusive Walk on the Wild Side Tour (year round) – 1.5 Hours (10 person Maximum)
$100.00 per person (must be 10 or older). To reserve winter tours, please call 907-783-2025 or email. Summer reservations can be booked by clicking the button —->
Commercial photography and filming is prohibited at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
All film, video and still photography produced on the grounds of the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (AWCC) for commercial purposes, a written agreement must be entered into with AWCC and a fee paid based on service desired. All film, video and photography taken within AWCC and used for commercial purposes without authorization is subject to legal action. AWCC prohibits the flight and usage of drones above the Center’s property. If you are interested in commercial filming or photography, please reach out to the Sales and Marketing Manager for more information at email@example.com.
- DO NOT TOUCH OR FEED THE ANIMALS!
- Make sure all children are kept away from fences.
- Never attempt to pet or hand-feed any animals.
- Leave all plants and flowers for the enjoyment of others. Help keep the grounds beautiful.
- Litter is a deadly hazard to animals. Put garbage in its proper place.
- Keep pets in vehicle at all times.
- Respect the animals. Refrain from taunting or harassing them.