- Tags 1:30 pm 3:30 pm 5k acitivity acivities activities activity admission ak aklife akwildlife alaska Alaska animals alaska life Alaska State Fair alaska wildlife alaska wildlife con alaska wildlife conservation center anchorage animal enrichment animal enrichment workshop animal origami animal programs animals anniversary antler Antler paint event antlers april 21 arts and crafts awcc bear feeding bears belugas belugas count bike bikers biking birds bison black bears brown bears build build toys bunny christmas conservation conversation converstaion cook inlet beluga whales crafts creative deer easter easter bunny Education egg hunt elk endangered enrichment enrichment day enrichment items enrichment workshop event express family friendly fat bike Federal Employee Day feeding for animals for the animals foxes free free admission fun for everyone giant vegetables giant veggies girdwood help build toys help build toys for animals holiday event holidays kenai peninsula lynx may 12 may 9 military monday moose mother's day mothers muskox origami origami making paint paint an antler photo opportunities project puppet show race reindeer reintroduction run sanctuary santa saturday second annual state fair sunrise service support thanksgiving thanksgiving with the animals tour turnagain arm vegetable vegetables volunteer watch whales wildlife winter wood bison
Come celebrate Halloween with the wildlife!
Halloween Themed Naturalist Selection | 11AM – 12:30PM
Location: Observation Deck
Station: Scat & Track Matching Game
Come to the Observation Deck to play a fun game of matching scat with tracks! Are you Scatologist at heart?
Hayrides | 12PM – 3PM
FREE! Hayrides are complementary with the cost of admission. Enjoy a hayride, pulled by the AWCC tractor through the sanctuary.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Location: In front of Bison Hall
Mask Requirements: Please note, masks are required indoors and on the hayride. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center thanks the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. To show our appreciation, we are offering *free* admission on the first Monday of each month from October through April to all active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents. See you then!
Dates: October 4, 2021 | November 1, 2021 | December 6, 2021 | January 3, 2022 | February 7, 2022 | March 7, 2022 | April 4, 2022
*Must present proof of military service with ID or pay stub at time of purchase.
For AWCC’s Hours of Operation, Click HERE
Saturday, November 13, 2021, is Federal Employee Day!
Join us at the sanctuary for a super-fun day filled with free educational programs, story time for kids, and door prizes! Help AWCC spread the word, and download the event flyer HERE.
- Special Rate for Federal Employees: $10 per person
- Valid for all retired Federal employees as well!
- Kids 6 and Under: FREE
- Get your Holiday Shopping done early with a 10% Discount in the Be Wild Gift Shop!
- Bonus, as AWCC is a non-profit, all proceeds go straight back to the animals and helping Alaska’s wildlife.
- Enter to Win a Walk on the Wild Side Tour for 2 in the Be Wild Gift Shop.
- Door prizes will be given away all day!
- Food Truck: TBD
- 11AM Walking Tour
- Max group size is 15.
- First come, first served. Suggested Donation for Walking Tour: $5 per person.
- Open to all ages.
- 2PM Walk on the Wild Side Tour
- Max group size is 10.
- $100 per person.
- For ages 10 and up only.
- Advanced Reservations Required. More Details HERE!
- 10AM – 5PM Biofact Display – located in Bison Hall
- 10AM – 10:45AM Muskox Calves – located near the Animal Infirmary
- 12:45PM – 1:45PM Porcupine Chat – located between Twix and KitKat
- 4PM – 5PM Moose Musings – located in front of the red Bunkhouse
Free Story Time for Kids
- 12PM – 12:30PM – located in Bison Hall
- 2PM – 2:30PM – located in Bison Hall