RoadTrippin’ with KTUU
- Tags 1:30 pm 3:30 pm 5k acitivity acivities activities activity admission ak aklife akwildlife alaska Alaska animals Alaska Hummingbird Project alaska life Alaska State Fair alaska wildlife alaska wildlife con alaska wildlife conservation center anchorage animal enrichment animal enrichment workshop animal origami animal programs animals anniversary antler Antler paint event antlers april 21 art arts and crafts awcc bear feeding bears belugas belugas count bike bikers biking birds bison black bears brown bears build build toys bunny christmas conservation conversation converstaion cook inlet beluga whales crafts creative deer easter easter bunny Education egg hunt elk endangered enrichment enrichment day enrichment items enrichment workshop event express family friendly fat bike Federal Employee Day feeding for animals for the animals foxes free free admission fun for everyone giant vegetables giant veggies girdwood help build toys help build toys for animals holiday event holiday hours holidays humming birds kenai peninsula kicksled lynx may 12 May 8 may 9 military monday moose mother's day mothers muskox origami origami making paint paint an antler photo opportunities project puppet show race reindeer reintroduction run sanctuary santa saturday second annual state fair summer hummers event sunrise service support thanksgiving thanksgiving with the animals tour turnagain arm vegetable vegetables volunteer watch whales wildlife winter wood bison
The Summer Hummers Event is Saturday, June 4, 2022!
Do you love hummingbirds and enjoy learning about these fascinating little acrobats of the air? Then visit the AWCC on Saturday, June 4, 2022 for the Summer Hummers event! This all-day hummingbird celebration is in partnership with the AWCC, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Alaska, and The Alaska Hummingbird Project, Inc. This will be a great day to visit if you are interested in seeing one of our research projects in action.
[gallery size="us_600_0" ids="34021,34020,32648"]
Come enjoy a fun-filled day, perfect for all-ages, and free with admission.
We’ll have banding demonstrations, hands-on science activities, educational chats, and more. So come on down and help us spot these tiny iridescent hummers here at AWCC!
- Calling all birders!
- Become a Citizen Scientist: Alaska Beluga Monitoring Partnership at AWCC this Spring!
- AWCC Announces Sarah Howard as Executive Director & Becky Chambless as Development Director
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Receives $250,000 from Matson, Inc. for the upcoming Matson Ocean Education Center
- Christmas Tree Donations = Enrichment for the Animals