Animal Enclosures & Shelters
Consider making a donation to new animal enclosures or shelters today.
- Animals in need of new enclosures include foxes, porcupine, wolverine, and coyotes.
- Funds will help with the purchase of materials, planning, labor and construction of enclosure.
- Shelters are needed for foxes, reindeer, wood bison, elk, moose, reindeer, muskox, porcupine, and deer.
- Animal shelters provide refuge from the weather elements, provide warmth and a gathering spot.
- Interested in sponsoring an animal’s enclosure or shelter, please contact our Director of Development for more details.
AWCC is need of bear lockdowns; consider donating to help fund these much-needed facilities. The lockdowns are for employee, guest and bear safety. These facilities allow AWCC staff to provide medical care to the animals, for the bears to recuperate from injury, to separate bears if there is an issue, cleaning, and maintenance of bear exhibits.
We need lockdowns for the brown bears, black bears and our babies enclosure (for future babies). Each lockdown ranges from $50,000 to $75,000 due to the high-end materials needed for construction.