Snickers, Portage’s Prickly Prognosticator, enjoys a cob of corn at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center while checking for his shadow yesterday and … he did not see his shadow (probably due to the fog in Portage Valley) and we will take it! Therefore, we will enjoy an early spring at the Center and we look forward to it! Warming temperatures, melting snow and new baby animals – all equal the excitement and fun of the summer to come at the Wildlife Center.
- Tags 1:30 pm 3:30 pm 5k acitivity acivities activities activity admission ak aklife akwildlife alaska Alaska animals Alaska Hummingbird Project alaska life Alaska State Fair alaska wildlife alaska wildlife con alaska wildlife conservation center anchorage animal enrichment animal enrichment workshop animal origami animal programs animals anniversary antler Antler paint event antlers april 21 art arts and crafts awcc bear feeding bears belugas belugas count bike bikers biking birds bison black bears brown bears build build toys bunny christmas conservation conversation converstaion cook inlet beluga whales crafts creative deer easter easter bunny Education egg hunt elk endangered enrichment enrichment day enrichment items enrichment workshop event express family friendly fat bike Federal Employee Day feeding for animals for the animals foxes free free admission fun for everyone giant vegetables giant veggies girdwood help build toys help build toys for animals holiday event holiday hours holidays humming birds kenai peninsula kicksled lynx may 12 May 8 may 9 military monday moose mother's day mothers muskox origami origami making paint paint an antler photo opportunities project puppet show race reindeer reintroduction run sanctuary santa saturday second annual state fair summer hummers event sunrise service support thanksgiving thanksgiving with the animals tour turnagain arm vegetable vegetables volunteer watch whales wildlife winter wood bison
The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center thanks the members of the United States Armed Forces. To show our appreciation, we are offering *free* admission on the first Monday of each month from October through April to all active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents. See you then!
Dates: October 3, 2022 | November 7, 2022 | December 5, 2022 | January 2, 2023 | February 6, 2023 | March 6, 2023 | April 3, 2023
*Must present proof of military service with ID or pay stub at time of purchase.
For AWCC’s Hours of Operation, Click HERE
- Calling all birders!
- Become a Citizen Scientist: Alaska Beluga Monitoring Partnership at AWCC this Spring!
- AWCC Announces Sarah Howard as Executive Director & Becky Chambless as Development Director
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Receives $250,000 from Matson, Inc. for the upcoming Matson Ocean Education Center
- Christmas Tree Donations = Enrichment for the Animals